Director of Food Safety jobs in Illinois | Gulf Stream Search
This is a complete guide to help you Director of Food Safety jobs in in Illinois.
Actually, it’s even more than that – it’s a guide you can bookmark and share for the rest of your career to help you navigate the food and beverage industry, regardless of what job boards, social media platforms or networking tools are in favor at the time.
This guide can be your constant companion you can refer back to(I keep it updated) when you’re looking for food safety jobs the rest of your career.
I’m one of the top, most highly respected Food Safety recruiters in North America. I work with food safety, quality assurance, quality control and quality systems professionals and every imaginable company that hires individuals like yourself with a desire to keep consumers safety.
So when it comes to finding a new job in food safety out of school, or relocating to Illinois or scrambling to find a job in food safety or Quality after being laid off, I’m an expert in developing a plan and strategy to help FSQA professionals find their next role.
What companies hire people with a background in Food Safety?
A food safety background is by nature a very narrow technical skill set, but companies that hire Food Safety & Quality professionals is larger than most people imagine.
The universe of companies that hire FSQA professionals is larger than you might imagine when you consider all the different applications and technology and service providers that go into making the food and beverage industry run in North America.
Here’s a list of companies that hire(I’ve placed people with food safety experience at each of these companies, whether it be a Microbiologist, Lab Manager, QA Manager, Quality Program Manager, Auditor or Manager or a Technical Sales Manager with a Food Traceability software company).
- Consumer packaged goods companies
- Food manufacturers
- Beverage manufacturers
- Contract manufacturers
- Food companies
- Beverage companies
- Food processors
- Food equipment manufacturers
- Quick service restaurant chains
- Ingredient manufacturers
- Ingredient companies
- Flavor manufacturers
- Flavor companies
- Product development consulting companies
- SaaS and PaaS Food Traceability companies
- SaaS and PaaS Compliance Software companies
- SaaS and PaaS Quality Management Systems companies
- 3rd party testing labs
- 3rd party auditors
- Diagnostic tool companies
What are the best jobs in Food Safety?
Here is a comprehensive list of jobs that companies hire people with food safety backgrounds
- Food Safety Scientist
- Sr. Food Safety Scientist
- Supplier Quality Manager
- Quality Program Manager
- Innovation Quality Manager
- Food Safety Manager
- Food Safety Supervisor
- Quality Control Supervisor
- Quality Control Manager
- SQF Auditor
- HACCP Specialist
- Account Manager
- Senior Account Manager
- Strategic Account Manager
- Customer Success Manager
How to find food safety jobs near me in Illinois
As a top food safety recruiter in the US, I take phone calls and receive emails all the time asking me the following question:
How do I find food safety jobs near me?
Can you help me find a job in Illinois or “somewhere warmer”, “somewhere down south” or “anywhere out west”?
Here’s the answer.
A Food Safety recruiter is your best bet and the first step you should take when you start to look for Food Safety and Quality jobs in or near Illinois.
The reason is this.
- An experienced food safety recruiter knows every company that hires people like yourself with a food safety background.
- An experienced and reputable food safety recruiter will give you objective information and insight about a company’s reputation, their work environment, their leadership team and their food safety culture. When it comes to food safety culture, I’ve written numerous articles on the subject – one specifically is about assessing a company’s food safety culture during the interview process, before you take a job with them. You can read it here – HOW DO I ASSESS A COMPANY’S FOOD SAFETY CULTURE DURING THE INTERVIEW PROCESS?
- A savvy food safety recruiter will know the best way for you to differentiate yourself and make a strong impression with the hiring manager and during the interview process.
- An experienced and knowledgeable food safety recruiter will work with you to customize your resume, LinkedIn profile and social media presence to ensure you make a strong impression with hiring managers and during the interview process.
Free personality test
Current Food Safety Jobs
Here are some current Food Safety jobs we’re working on with our recruiting partners and clients of ours.
Note that not all food safety jobs are advertised.
If you’d like to connect and discuss how we can help you find your next Food Safety & Quality job, register through the link HERE.
These conversations are extremely valuable for you in that as an experienced food safety recruiter, I can give you perspective and insight about the job market, what companies look for when they hire FSQA professionals and how best to find your way onto the radar of hiring managers and food industry executives.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
My name is Bob Pudlock and I’m a top food safety recruiter in North America. I’m also the President of Gulf Stream Search, a food industry search firm that works with food, beverage, ingredient and flavor companies to help them identify and capture top talent for their teams.
I’m also the President of Gulf Stream Growth – Gulf Stream Growth helps companies make better, more informed hires with pre-employment assessment tests, leadership development resources as well as personal and professional resources for individuals.
You can also learn more about Food Science, Food Safety and emerging trends and technologies in the food industry by checking out our food safety and food technology sites we publish – Food Safety Insider and Food Tech Insider.
Subscribe to these newsletters and keep abreast of all the latest news, career advice, leadership development resources and industry-specific and relevant news you can use.